Today I made some low carb and sugar free fig newtons!
1 lb dried figs
1 cup sugar substitute
1-2 cups of water
1/2 of room temperature butter
1 cup of sugar substitute
1 large egg
1 tablespoon almond milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups almond flour
1. Dice the figs into quarters , and then soak in water 1 hour.
2. Beat sugar, butter, egg, milk & vanilla in a separate bowl until well blended.
3. Add dry ingredients slowly.
4. Mix and put in plastic wrap.
5. Chill for 1 hour.
6. Place soaked figs into a pot on medium heat.
7. Add sugar & cook on medium heat until the water has fully evaporated.
8. Blend the figs in a food processor or blender until smooth.
9. Take out chilled dough and need until tender.
10. Roll out dough in a rectangular shape on a silicone mat (make sure it is oven safe)
11. Spread filling on one side of the dough.
12. Take one side of the dough and fold it over.
13. Bake at 350 degrees and bake for 30 min
14. Let cool.
15. Cut fig newtons and enjoy!
Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe!
Please leave your video suggestions below!